NACO works with Nevada’s congressional delegation on issues of concern to all Nevada counties. NACO is also an affiliate of the National Association of Counties (NACo) and helps to advance their federal legislative priorities.
As an affiliate member of the National Association of Counties NACo, county officials and NACO staff may serve on NACo Steering Committees, if you are interested in serving on a committee please contact us.
County Officials and NACO staff currently serve on the following National Committees:
- Agriculture & Rural Affairs Committee – Churchill County Commissioner, Pete Olsen
- Community, Economic & Workforce Development Committee – Clark County Commissioner, Justin Jones
- Energy, Environment & Land Use Steering Committee – Lincoln County Commissioner, Bevan Lister; Washoe County Commissioner, Vaughn Hartung; NACO Executive Director, Dagny Stapleton
- Human Services & Education Committee –
- International Economic Development Task Force –
- Justice & Public Safety Committee – Lander County Commissioner, Patsy Waits
- Large Urban Caucus – Clark County Commissioner, Marilyn Kirkpatrick
- Public Lands Steering Committee – Elko County Commissioner Rex Steninger; Humboldt County Commissioner, Jim French; Lincoln County Commissioner, Varlin Higbee; Washoe County Commissioner, Jeanne Herman; NACO Natural Resources Manager, Colby Prout
- Rural Action Caucus – Lincoln County Commissioner, Varlin Higbee; Lincoln County Commissioner, Bevan Lister; Washoe County Commissioner, Jeanne Herman
- Telecommunications & Technology Committee –
- Transportation Steering Committee – Clark County Commissioner, Marilyn Kirkpatrick; Nye County Commissioner, Leo Blundo; Washoe County Commissioner, Bob Lucey; NACO Deputy Director, Dagny Stapleton