NACO works with Nevada’s congressional delegation on issues of concern to all Nevada counties. NACO is also an affiliate of the National Association of Counties (NACo) and helps to advance their federal legislative priorities.
As an affiliate member of the National Association of Counties NACo, county officials and NACO staff may serve on NACo Steering Committees, if you are interested in serving on a committee please contact us.
County Officials and NACO staff currently serve on the following National Committees:
- Agriculture & Rural Affairs Committee – Churchill County Commissioner, Pete Olsen
- Community, Economic & Workforce Development Committee – Clark County Commissioner, Justin Jones
- Energy, Environment & Land Use Steering Committee – Washoe County Commissioiner, Vaughn Hartung; NACO Executive Director, Dagny Stapleton
- Human Services & Education Committee – Churchill County Commissioner, Bus Scharmann; Clark County Commissioner Lawrence Weekly
- International Economic Development Task Force – Churchill County Commissioner, Bus Scharmann
- Justice & Public Safety Committee – Lander County Commissioner, Patsy Waits
- Large Urban Caucus – Clark County Commissioners, Lawrence Weekly & Marilyn Kirkpatrick
- Public Lands Steering Committee – Elko County Commissioner, Demar Dahl; Elko County Commissioner Rex Steninger; Humboldt County Commissioner, Jim French; Lincoln County Commissioner, Varlin Higbee; Nye County Commissioner, Lorinda Wichman; Washoe County Commissioner, Jeanne Herman; NACO Natural Resources Manager, Colby Prout
- Rural Action Caucus – Churchill County Commissioner, Bus Scharmann; Lincoln County Commissioner, Varlin Higbee; Washoe County Commissioner, Jeanne Herman
- Telecommunications & Technology Committee – Clark County Assistant Sheriff, Raymond Flynn
- Transportation Steering Committee – Clark County Commissioner, Marilyn Kirkpatrick; Nye County Commissioner, Leo Blundo; Washoe County Commissioner, Bob Lucey