The National Association of Counties (NACo), in partnership with Nationwide Retirement Solutions (NRS), and state associations of counties, provides county employees with a Section 457 Deferred Compensation Program. Since its inception in 1980, NACo’s Deferred Compensation Program has grown to become the largest supplemental retirement income program available to county employees. More than 360,000 county employees from more than 3,000 county agencies currently participate in the Program, with accumulated assets of more than $15 billion.
- Helps public employees save for their future at no cost to their employer.
- Enables public employees to reduce current taxes.
- Institutes a systematic savings program for public employees.
- Automatic contribution deductions make it easy for employees to save.
- Contributions grow on a tax-deferred basis.
- Employees are 100% vested in their accounts.
- Helps employers to recruit and retain high–caliber personnel.
- Usually less expensive to maintain than defined benefit plans.
- Flexibility in program design.
Securities are offered through Nationwide Investment Services Corp. (NISC) a registered broker dealer and a member of FINRA. Nationwide Retirement Solutions (NRS) is a subsidiary of NISC. Retirement Specialists of NRS are Registered Representatives of NISC.
NACo RMA and NACo RMA LLC are Registered Municipal Advisors and do not recommend the purchase or sale of securities and do not hold or maintain funds or securities. NACo RMA and NACo RMA LLC act as third party marketers/solicitors and receive fees from NRS for such services.
NACo RMA and NACo RMA LLC are NOT affiliates of Nationwide Investment Services Corp. or Nationwide Retirement Solutions.