County Small Business Grant Program
We understand the challenges many small businesses in our communities are currently facing as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, business closures and high unemployment. Eight counties across Nevada have partnered with Nevada Association of Counties (NACO) to develop a grant program to support small businesses financially impacted by COVID-19. This grant program is being supported by Federal CARES Act Corona Virus Relief Funds. If your business is in Douglas, Elko, Lincoln, Lyon, Nye, Storey, Washoe or White Pine Counties, see below.
The program is now open. Businesses should submit completed applications as soon as possible. Funds will be awarded based on need and on a first come, first served basis.
The applications process for all participating counties has now closed.
Eligible Grant Uses for ALL Participating Counties:
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Protective Retrofits
- Working capital – including utilities, payroll not covered by PPP, inventory etc…
Grant Award Size:
Varies by County, Size of Business and Use of Funds – please preview the application to see grant amounts for your county.
- Business that received SBA funding (EIDL & PPP) can apply
- Must have an active State of Nevada business license
- Must have an active Local County, City or Town business licenses for Elko County, Lincoln County, Lyon County, Storey County, Nye County or Unincorporated Washoe County. Douglas County and White Pine County do not require this item
- Must have been in business for at least 6 months prior to March 15, 2020
- Summary of business operations prior to COVID-19 and what has happened to date. This must show that there has been a financial hardship, through a monthly 2020 Profit & Loss Statement (P&L) Statement or a P&L comparison to 2019 at the same time period
- Homebase of the business operations needs to be within the granting County with grant funds being spent on operations within the County
- Businesses must submit a plan of how the it intends to use the funds
Businesses that are ineligible for these grants:
- Businesses in the Cities of Reno or Sparks
- Business outside of Elko County, Douglas County, Lincoln County, White Pine County, Lyon County, Storey County, Washoe County or Nye County
- Federally Prohibited Businesses (i.e. Cannabis)
- Adult Oriented Businesses (except for brothels in Storey County)
- Businesses with over 50 employees (or over 19 employees in Nye County, over 9 employees in Storey County, and over 100 employees in Douglas County)
- Businesses with Federal, State or Local Tax Liens
- State & Federal Certified Labor Unions (in Elko County)
Ineligible Uses in All Participating Counties:
- If you receive the State of Nevada GOED Grant for Commercial Rental Assistance, you may NOT use these any of these funds on the same rent payment.
- Grant recipients will NOT directly or indirectly loan the grant funds to a third party.
Assistance Available for Grant Application and Small Business Needs:
Need business assistance or help filling out this application? The Nevada Small Business Development Center is partnering with the Nevada Association of Counties to provide help to businesses that may need it. Request free and confidential assistance at www.nevadasbdc.org or call 800-240-7094 to make an appointment with a counselor through one of their 13 statewide locations.
For Information, Resources and Tools for Nevada businesses impacted by COVID-19, from the State of Nevada’s Business and Industry Department please visit their website.
If you are a business affected by the COVID-19 pandemic and are looking for a loan, for amounts up to $200k, at low rates with flexible payment schedules find more information through the Rural Nevada Development Corporation.